Research Associate Positions (m/f/d) at the Chair for Computing in Architecture
75% TVL E13
The chair for Computing in Architecture, led by Tenure-Track Prof. Thomas Wortmann, offers two research associate positions. The positions are associated with the Cluster of Excellence Integrative Computational Design and Construction for Architecture (IntCDC) and offer the opportunity for a (publication-based) Ph.D.
- opportunity for a publication-based Ph.D. thesis.
- stimulating, interdisciplinary research environments at ICD and IntCDC.
- opportunities to instruct master theses and courses in the international ITECH M.Sc. program.
- participation in the design and development of demonstrators and the Cluster’s new Large-Scale Construction Robotics Laboratory.
- develop integrative computational design workflows for design, fabrication, and assembly.
- for the first position, develop an experimental knowledge representation for multi-disciplinary co-design of buildings.
- for the second position, coordinate the data exchange for the Cluster’s new Large-Scale Construction Robotics Laboratory building project.
- high motivation and a desire to excel.
- experience with computational design using Grasshopper.
- experience in architectural and/or engineering practice.
- for the first position, coding ability, preferably with C#. Experience with BHoM is ideal, but not required.
- for the second position, experience with BIM, and ideally the Grasshopper – Archicad Live Connection.
- excellent English, and, especially for the second position, German, language skills.
Female applicants and applicants from diverse backgrounds are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should include a CV, statement of interest, portfolio/work samples and a list of computational skills with indicated proficiency. Please submit your applications as single PDF-files with at most 10MB to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed from 1st July until the positions are filled. The expected start date is as soon as possible.
Information on the collection of personal data in accordance with Article 13 of the GDPR can be found here.